Tropical Storm Barry has formed in the Gulf of Mexico. There are still no local impacts for the Jacksonville area.
STAY UPDATED: Download the First Alert Weather app for updates
- Tropical Storm Barry forms in the Gulf of Mexico
- Lyft driver stopped to help teen hit, left for dead: 'He was trying to keep himself alive.'
- Southwest Airlines issues travel advisory due to potential tropical storm
- Fatal crash involving a car, semi in Nassau County
- Social media video showing girl licking medical equipment in doctor's office causes concern online
Just In: NHC is forecasting what will become #Barry to achieve hurricane status before making landfall between the Texas and Louisiana coast on Saturday. #FirstAlertWX @ActionNewsJax @WOKVNews pic.twitter.com/VqbiSAQiDY— Garrett Bedenbaugh (@wxgarrett) July 10, 2019
WHAT WE KNOW:
- Tropical storm watches and storm surge watches issued for portions of the Louisiana coast.
- The system is forecast to become a hurricane before landfall this weekend along the Gulf Coast anywhere from Texas to Louisiana.
- Hurricane Hunters are scheduled to fly out this afternoon to investigate the system for the first time.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.