JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — CVS Health announced Thursday that they are opening a new COVID-19 drive-thru testing site in Jacksonville. The Jacksonville location at 50 Duval Station Road is one of 10 new testing sites opening across the state of Florida as a first roll-out. The company expects nearly 1,000 sites across the country by the end of the month.
Testing will consist of a self-swab for those who meet the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention criteria, and age guidelines. The testing marks the next phase of the company’s nationwide COVID-19 testing strategy, announced April 27 at the White House, CVS Health stated.
Patients are required to register in advance and schedule an appointment at CVS.com starting Friday, May 15.
There is no cost to patients, according to the company. Patients must stay in their cars and will be instructed to drive up to the pharmacy’s drive-thru window where they will be given a test kit. A CVS pharmacy employee will observe patients as they are self-swabbing to ensure the test is done properly.
The tests will be sent to an independent, third-party lab and patients should receive their results in about three days.
The other new testing sites in Florida are not located in the northeast area. View the below list:
- CVS Pharmacy, 1000 East Tarpon Avenue, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
- CVS Pharmacy, 2322 Land O Lakes Boulevard, Lutz, FL 33549
- CVS Pharmacy, 2400 Enterprise Road, Orange City, FL 32763
- CVS Pharmacy, 221 South S.R. 434, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
- CVS Pharmacy, 3404 S.W. Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608
- CVS Pharmacy, 8905 Bryan Dairy Road, Largo, FL 33777-1102
- CVS Pharmacy, South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32837
- CVS Pharmacy, 121 West MacClenney Avenue, MacClenny, FL 32063
- CVS Pharmacy, 520 South Federal Highway, Boca Raton, FL 33432
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group