JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Sept. 3 update: Nassau County has closed all sandbag sites after giving away 51,000 bags and 1,550 tons of sand.
Sept. 2 update: Bradford County is no longer distributing sandbags after handing out over 13,000 sandbags, according to Bradford County Emergency Management.
Several Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia counties have already announced sandbag distribution sites ahead of Dorian landfall.
Hurricane Dorian is expected to make landfall in Florida as a major hurricane.
We will continue to update this story as more sandbag distribution sites are announced.
- Live updates: Hurricane Dorian continues to strengthen
- Water: Jacksonville shoppers find empty water shelves as they prepare for Dorian
- Evacuation: Mayor Curry: 'Still a day or two from making evacuation decisions'
- Supply Kit: What supplies you need ahead of Dorian landfall
- Sandbag locations: Here's where you can get sandbags ahead of Dorian
- Price Gouging Info: Florida attorney general encourages residents to report price gouging, use new app ahead of storm
- School closure updates: School closure announcements ahead of Hurricane Dorian
ATLANTIC BEACH: The Atlantic Beach Police Department announced the there will be a limited quantity of sand available for Atlantic Beach residents at the Jack Russel skate park in the City Hall complex at 800 Seminole Rd. beginning at 4:30 p.m. Friday.
Residents must bring their own shovel and bags.
Atlantic Beach officials also said it is illegal to remove sand from the beach to fill sandbags.
CAMDEN COUNTY said supplies are available on a first-come, first-serve basis in two locations:
- Sand available in Kingsland at Royal Parkway off of Hwy 17 across from City Fuel Depot
- Sand and sandbags available at the facilities building at 1144 Godley Avenue
CLAY COUNTY: The Clay County Sheriff's Office will have supervised inmates at all five sandbag locations from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday to fill sand bags for residents. Sandbags are free, but there is a limit of 25 bags per family, until they are gone. Sandbags will be self-serve at the Middleburg and Fleming Island locations after 5 p.m.
- Omega Park - 4317 County Road 218, Middleburg (8 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
- Eagle Harbor Soccer Complex – 4387 Lakeshore Drive, Fleming Island (8 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
- Old Green Cove Fire Station #1- 21 Roderigo Avenue, Green Cove Springs (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Orange Park Athletic Association – 1086 Fromhart Street, Orange Park (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Keystone Heights Cemetery – 7304 State Road 100, Keystone Heights (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
COLUMBIA COUNTY: Columbia County Public Works will distribute sandbags Saturday – Tuesday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. There is a fifteen-bag limit per vehicle. Distribution locations:
- Columbia County Public Works, 607 NW Quinten Street, Lake City, FL 32055
- South Columbia Sports Complex, 17579 SW State Road 47, Fort White, FL 32038
The City of Lake City will distribute sandbags Saturday - Monday from 8 am to 4 pm at City of Lake City Public Works, 180 NE Gum Swamp Rd, Lake City, FL 32055.
BRADFORD COUNTY: Sandbags available at the emergency management maintenance yard until 6 p.m. Friday. Those looking to pick up sandbags are asked to take Davis Street to get to the maintenance yard.
BAKER COUNTY: Sandbags will be available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday through Sunday, at the City Yard at 764 Hartline Dr. There will be a ten bag limit and proof of Baker County residency is required.
The FLAGLER COUNTY Sheriff's Office said the inmate work crew will be available to fill sandbags at:
- Malacompra Community Center, 79 Mala Compra Rd, Palm Coast, FL 32137
- Hidden Trails Community Center, 6108 Mahogany Blvd, Bunnell, FL 32110
JACKSONVILLE: The city does not provide sandbags.
NASSAU COUNTY: Nassau County Public Works still has sandbags available. So far the agency has distributed about 40,000 sandbags, with about 10,000 sandbags remaining.
Filling Stations are available at the following locations from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.:
- 97177 Pogey Place, Fernandina Beach, FL (North End Boat Ramp)
- 86142 Goodbread Rd., Yulee, FL (Yulee Sports Complex)
- 45401 Mickler Street, Callahan (Walter Boatright County Building)
- 37356 Pea Farm Rd., Hilliard, FL (Hilliard Road & Bridge Yard)
PUTNAM COUNTY: There will be a 15 bag limit per vehicle, according to the Putnam County Public Works Facebook page. Residents must bring their own shovel. Bags will be available Thursday afternoon. Sand will be available outside of the gates and will be available from 7:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. Contact 386-329-0346 for questions.
- 1553 County Road 308 (Huntington Pit) - Crescent City
- 145 W. Washington Street (Chesser Pit) - Hawthorne
- 223 Putnam County Boulevard (Public Works) - East Palatka
The ST. JOHNS COUNTY Emergency Management says there will be opportunities to fill sandbags daily between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., but residents must bring their own transportation and shovels.
Officials say you are also responsible for filling your bag:
- Windswept Acres Park, 5335 SR A1A South
- Town of Hastings Town Hall, 6195 S. Main St. behind the building
- Mills Field, 1805 Racetrack Rd in the overflow parking area
- Palm Valley (Under the Palm Valley Bridge on the east side of the Intracoastal Waterway)
- North Beach Park, 3721 Coastal Highway (at the walkover)
- Sims Pit, 536 S. Holmes Blvd.
LAKE CITY will distribute sandbags Saturday through Monday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at City of Lake City Public Works, 180 NE Gum Swamp Rd.
© 2019 Cox Media Group