Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced that the state will move into phase 2 of reopening on Friday, June 5, excluding Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties.
Florida’s phase 1 reopening began on May 4. Here’s what phase 2 of reopening includes:
- Restaurants may allow bar-top seating with appropriate social distancing
- Bars and pubs may operate at 50 percent capacity inside and full capacity outside with appropriate social distancing. Patrons may only receive service if seated.
- Retail establishments may operate at full capacity with responsible social distancing and sanitization protocols.
- Gyms may operate at full capacity with appropriate social distancing and frequent sanitization.
- Entertainment businesses, including but not limited to movie theaters, concert houses, auditoriums, playhouses, bowling alleys and arcades may operate at 50 percent capacity with appropriate social distancing and sanitzation protocols.
- Pari-mutuel facilities may submit a request to open to the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation. The request must include an endorsement from their county mayor or county administrator if there is no mayor.
- Personal services businesses, including but not limited to tattoo parlors, acupuncture establishments, tanning salons and massage establishments may operate while adhering to guidance from the Florida Department of Health.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group