JACKSONVILLE BEACH, Fla. - Sleiman Enterprises has filed paperwork for development of an open piece of land on A1A near J. Turner Butler Boulevard in Ponte Vedra.
There’s a plan in the works to bring a new hotel, offices and businesses to Ponte Vedra.
There's a 4.3-acre piece of land right on the Duval and St. Johns county line dubbed Villages of Ponte Vedra.
It sits just feet away from A1A and J. Turner Butler Boulevard, and if all goes as planned for Sleiman e Enterprises, it could go from grass and trees to a 120-room hotel, offices, restaurants and other businesses.
Dan Sou, who works in the shopping center next door, is excited about the idea.
“A hotel is very important in order for growth. People need to come visit, need a place to stay and Ponte Vedra, Jacksonville Beach is a beautiful city,” said Sou.
But he does have one concern.
“Unfortunately, this area of Jacksonville, particularly here, traffic gets pretty bad,” said Sou.
According to public records, Sleiman Enterprises conducted a traffic study for the area to see if its development would have a major impact.
The developer said it plans to mitigate any possible traffic impacts and even work to improve transportation, but it’s still too early to know what that will look like.
As for parking, public records show a total of 220 parking spaces for the area.
- Tropical Storm Barry forms in the Gulf of Mexico
- Lyft driver stopped to help teen hit, left for dead: 'He was trying to keep himself alive.'
- Southwest Airlines issues travel advisory due to potential tropical storm
- Fatal crash involving a car, semi in Nassau County
- Social media video showing girl licking medical equipment in doctor's office causes concern online
© 2019 Cox Media Group.