McGusty, Beverly send Miami past UCF 79-70
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Miami coach Jim Larranaga was quick to note that his team went winless on the road last season. On Tuesday night, his Hurricanes' stingy defense ensured they would only need one try to better last season's road record.
Mompremier's double-double leads No. 18 Miami women
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) - Beatrice Mompremier had a double-double, Kelsey Marshall scored 18 points and No. 18 Miami opened its season with an 83-68 victory over Jackson State on Sunday.
FSU upsets No. 6 Florida 63-51, extends streak in series
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Revamped rosters, familiar result.
Thornton, Popovic lead Boston College past South Florida
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Derryck Thornton scored 22 points, Nik Popovic had 15, and Boston College rallied past South Florida for a 74-60 victory Sunday afternoon.
Williams (6 TDs) sets Miami mark, Canes top Louisville 52-27
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (AP) - Jarren Williams broke a record. Jimmy Murphy thought he broke the Turnover Chain.
Ekhomu, Puisis lift No. 12 FSU women past LSU 70-62
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Nicki Ekhomu scored 21 points, Sammie Puisis added 16, including four free throws in the last half minute and No. 12 Florida State closed with an 8-0 run to defeat LSU 70-62 on Saturday.
Florida State wins one for interim coach, beats BC 38-31
BOSTON (AP) - D.J. Matthews caught a short pass, faked out three defenders on his way to the sideline and then dove for the end zone, taking off from the 6-yard line before clipping the pylon to give Florida State the go-ahead score.
N Carolina senator has latched on to Trump. Will he hold on?
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Sen. Thom Tillis is following a simple formula for reelection in closely divided North Carolina: Stand with Donald Trump.
Lykes scores 15 helps lead Miami past Florida Atlantic 74-60
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) - Chris Lykes scored 15 points to lead Miami to a 74-60 victory over Florida Atlantic Friday night.
Interim coach, Florida St. aim to turn things around at BC
BOSTON (AP) - Six wins wasn't going to be good enough for Florida State.
- Shildt wins NL Manager of the Year days after mom's death
- Cardinals agree to deal with Adam Wainwright for 2020 season
- MLB checking into report '17 Astros stole signs, broke rules
- Alabama 5th in CFP committee rankings after loss to LSU
- Thiem beats Djokovic in 3-set epic to advance at ATP Finals
- Acing it: Success of Nats, Astros puts attention on starters
- Cowboys build model by paying line, Pats win another way
- US sporting director Stewart says Berhalter's job is safe
- Ravens grab top spot in AP Pro32 poll; Patriots are No. 2
- New Alabama 5th in CFP committee rankings after loss to LSU
- No. 11 Florida looks for different outcome against Missouri
- Florida, Arizona State schedule football series for '28, '31
- LSU's Orgeron says locker room comments were 'fiery moment'
- Arkansas fires coach Chad Morris, who went 4-18 in 2 seasons
- AP Top 25: LSU landslide No. 1; Minnesota jumps into top 10
- New McGusty, Beverly send Miami past UCF 79-70
- Evansville stuns No. 1 Kentucky at Rupp Arena, 67-64
- S. Dakota holds off Florida A&M 85-82 in chaotic ending
- Freshman Davis scores 17, Tide gets first win for Nate Oats
- Gibson scores 26 to lead Omaha over Bethune-Cookman 90-61
- Knight leads Dartmouth over Florida Gulf Coast 55-49