Notre Dame's melted lead prompts deep clean for schools
PARIS (AP) - The city of Paris has ordered a deep cleaning for schools nearest to Notre Dame, whose lead roof melted away in the cathedral's devastating fire in April.
Dillon, Etienne among top runners in ACC Atlantic Division
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Boston College's AJ Dillon was so good last year that he ranked among the nation's best rushers despite hobbling through an injury that sidelined him during stretches of multiple games.
Architect: Notre Dame far from safe for restoration work
PARIS (AP) - A French architect says that Notre Dame Cathedral still isn't safe enough for restoration work to begin, more than three months after a devastating fire nearly destroyed the monument.
Who's behind voting-machine makers? Money of unclear origins
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - The voting-machine makers that aim to sell their systems in North Carolina are largely owned by private equity firms that don't disclose their investors.
ACC adds Boston, San Diego to bowl destinations for 2020-25
The Atlantic Coast Conference has agreements with 13 bowl games from Boston to San Diego for the 2020-25 seasons.
Ex-Clemson tailback Tyshon Dye dies after drowning at lake
CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) - Former Clemson and East Carolina running back Tyshon Dye drowned Friday after swimming in a lake during a family outing.
Woman found dead in North Carolina home after fire, blast
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - A man who called 911 from a home leveled by a fire and booming explosion in North Carolina's largest city has been rescued with life-threatening injuries, authorities said Tuesday.
NC redistricting fight turns to state courts after ruling
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Now that the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled federal courts aren't the place to settle partisan gerrymandering disputes, opponents of North Carolina's district maps are putting their hopes in state courts.
Corrigan aims to keep building on NC State's gains as new AD
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Boo Corrigan has spent the first two months as North Carolina State's athletic director getting to know Wolfpack coaches and sorting out facility needs. He also is getting accustomed to extra attention that comes with running a power-conference program.
Calls increase for Democrats to face climate change in Miami
MIAMI (AP) - Rising sea levels could threaten the very existence of Miami and much of the rest of South Florida, and Democrats are facing calls to confront climate change squarely during this week's presidential debates in the low-lying city.
- Kevin Harvick holds off Denny Hamlin at New Hampshire
- Mariano Rivera closes Hall of Fame induction ceremony
- Fan walks to plate, Hoskins HR in 11th lifts Phils over Bucs
- The Latest: Kevin Harvick races to 1st win season
- Texans' Watt, Hopkins on physically unable to perform list
- Lindor hits foul ball that injures child; Indians top KC 5-4
- Wojciechowski starts 1-hitter as Orioles blank Red Sox 5-0
- The Latest: Mariano Rivera inducted into Baseball HOF
- Ledecky stunned in 400 free at worlds; Sun wins record title
- New Ohio State, other Big Ten East powers facing uncertainty
- Media picks Alabama to beat Georgia again in SEC title game
- Big Ten's Delany says old mistakes to blame for college woes
- ACC urges fans to ask cable providers to carry new network
- ACC's Coastal Division gets new look with 3 new head coaches
- ACC's Coastal Division once again appears up for grabs
- New Payments from $208 million NCAA settlement begin in August
- Former Auburn assistant basketball coach avoids prison
- Stackhouse adds pair of 6-10 forwards via transfer, signing
- Florida lands ex-Cleveland State point guard Tyree Appleby
- NCAA charges NC State with 4 men's hoops violations
- Florida forward Stokes transfers after Blackshear arrives