Miami Hurricanes' 5-7 Chris Lykes is 'crazy, but crazy good'
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) - Usually the shortest man on the court, 5-foot-7 Chris Lykes is an unorthodox, unpredictable player for the Miami Hurricanes. Risky passes, lots of dribbling, ill-advised shots and so-so defense are part of his game.
Florida State tops Clemson 77-68 behind Kabengele
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Mfiondu Kabengele scored 12 of his 17 points in the second half and David Nichols added 16 points as Florida State halted a three-game slide with a 77-68 win over Clemson on Tuesday.
Judge rejects GOP victory claim in disputed N. Carolina race
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - A North Carolina judge ruled Tuesday that there weren't grounds for him to step in and declare victory for the Republican in the country's last undecided congressional race amid an investigation into whether his lead was boosted by illegal vote-collection tactics.
Notre Dame to cover up murals of Columbus in the New World
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) - The University of Notre Dame will cover murals in a campus building that depict Christopher Columbus in America, the school's president said, following criticism that the images depict Native Americans in stereotypical submissive poses before white European explorers.
Ogunbowale leads No. 1 Notre Dame over Boston College 92-63
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) - Final Four MVP Arike Ogunbowale knows No. 1 Notre Dame needs to clean up its act if it hopes to defend its NCAA championship.
No. 8 NC State stays perfect, tops Virginia Tech 70-61 in OT
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - A late steal nearly cost Aislinn Konig and North Carolina State their spot as the only unbeaten team - women's or men's - in Division I.
Bowman's 37 leads BC to 87-82 win over No. 11 Florida State
BOSTON (AP) - With just over a minute left and No. 11 Florida State rapidly closing the gap, an unlikely contributor popped onto the court to help Boston College hold on for a victory.
RJ Barrett leads No. 1 Duke past No. 4 Virginia 72-70
DURHAM, N.C. (AP) - No. 1 Duke and fourth-ranked Virginia kept trading baskets - and the lead - down the stretch of another classic at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Johnson scores 22 to help No. 13 Tar Heels beat Miami 85-76
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) - With 6½ minutes left and North Carolina clinging to a one-point lead, 6-foot-9 Cameron Johnson took aim from long range over 5-foot-7 Chris Lykes.
Miami coach says idled Hernandez was 'duped' by AAU coach
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) - Miami Hurricanes coach Jim Larranaga says junior forward Dewan Hernandez deserves to be declared eligible by the NCAA because he unwittingly became entangled in a college basketball corruption case when he was duped by an AAU coach.
- Conley says Grizzlies owner willing to trade him, Gasol
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z and sports owners back justice reforms
- Today's wide-open offenses emanate from Rams' Greatest Show
- Struggling Edmonton Oilers fire GM Peter Chiarelli
- Vonn 'hopeful' she can ski again despite ailing knees
- 1 point away, Serena stunned by Pliskova at Australian Open
- The Latest: Stosur, Zhang to meet champs in doubles final
- Pouille's drought-breaking Australian run reaches semifinals
- Next year it's Jeter's chance to join Rivera in the Hall
- New Well-traveled QB Gardner Minshew hoping to find NFL home
- Florida hires former Redskins assistant Gray as CBs coach
- Rypien, Stick help West beat East 21-17 in Shrine Game
- AP Top 25 Podcast: Kyler's choice, Alabama's staff turnover
- Miami QB Tate Martell arrives, says he's ready to compete
- 2 QBs leaving Longhorns as transfer frenzy hits Texas
- New Miami Hurricanes' 5-7 Chris Lykes is 'crazy, but crazy good'
- Mid-major fallout: Grad transfers can hurt teams they leave
- Petty, Hall lead Alabama past No. 20 Ole Miss 74-53
- Allen, Locke carry Florida to 81-72 win against Texas A&M
- K-State's defense stifles No. 14 Texas Tech in 58-45 win
- South Florida beats Wichita State 54-41
- New PILE ON PODCAST: Reward the winner with dinner!
- PILE ON PODCAST: Quick catch up on all the sports
- PILE ON PODCAST: Jaguars OTA's continue, NBA Finals begin
- PILE ON PODCAST: Spring football is in the air as March Madness comes to a close
- PILE ON PODCAST: March Madness whittled down to Final Four
- Must-listen: Bortles Jaguars contract extension details
PILE ON PODCAST: 2018 Football season!
Jacksonville high school football scores
PILE ON PODCAST: NFL Draft 2018 and Round 1 pick Taven Bryan
Must-listen: College football signing day break-down
- Top Stories
Jacksonville-area high school football scoreboard
Photos: High school students commit to schools on National Signing Day