Deployed Army dad surprises daughter at Florida graduation
DAVIE, Fla. (AP) - A South Florida high school graduate got an unexpected gift when she was called back up on stage during the ceremony and then joined by her soldier father, whom she hadn't seen in 10 years.
US judge to consider blocking new Mississippi abortion law
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - Inside Mississippi's only abortion clinic, administrator Shannon Brewer has been fielding phone calls from women who want to know whether they can still terminate a pregnancy if they think they might be more than a few weeks along.
Gov: Abortion ban shows Alabama values 'sanctity of life'
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Alabama's governor said Monday the new abortion ban she recently signed into law reflects the high value residents place on the "sanctity of life," adding she doesn't expect any fallout from the controversial measure on tourism or business recruitment.
Alabama police capture suspect; 1 officer slain, 2 wounded
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) - A man who opened fire on police responding to a domestic disturbance report, killing one officer and wounding two others, was arrested on Monday and charged with capital murder, authorities said.
Police: Teen's shooting at football game likely gang related
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say the shooting of a 16-year-old boy during a spring football game in Florida was most likely gang-related.
Florida woman accused of domestic battery after throwing pot at father of her child
A Florida woman was arrested after she hit a man with a kitchen pot, police say.
Hundreds protest Alabama abortion ban: 'My body, my choice!'
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Hundreds of demonstrators marched to the Alabama Capitol on Sunday to protest the state's newly approved abortion ban, chanting "my body, my choice!" and "vote them out!"
Temple memorial to Florida shooting victims is set ablaze
CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) - A wooden temple built as a memorial to the 17 victims of a Florida high school mass shooting was set ablaze Sunday in a symbolic gesture of healing.
Trump denies plans to fly migrants from border to Florida
MIAMI (AP) - President Donald Trump on Sunday denied reports that hundreds of migrants would be flown from the Mexican border to Florida and other areas in the U.S. interior to lessen the workload at crowded Border Patrol facilities.
DeSantis signs bill for 3 major Florida toll highways
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Florida will begin planning three new major toll highways through mostly rural areas under a bill signed by Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis on Friday over the objections of environmentalists who have otherwise praised him since taking office.
- The Latest: Trial begins for ex-NFL player Kellen Winslow Jr
- Yanks' Gregorius plays for 1st time since Tommy John surgery
- Correction: Varner's Woes story
- Unser Jr. accused of operating vehicle while intoxicated
- Sister of ex-NBA player charged with threatening witness
- South Carolina: Tax break for Carolina Panthers near passage
- Sharks dealing with key injuries heading into Game 6
- Pro women hockey players form union in step toward league
- Koepka handles the stress and reaps rewards of another major
- New 3 generations of Harbaughs make 1st visit to Yankee Stadium
- Kansas college agrees to outside probe after player's death
- Coach Dan Mullen responds to Florida's recent legal troubles
- The future of the College Football Playoff
- Auburn vs. Oregon kicks off ABC's Saturday Night Football
- Orange Bowl switched from Jan. 1 to Dec. 30 for primetime
- New Hardaway signs Precious Achiuwa to Memphis' packed class
- NCAA to consider allowing athletes to profit from names
- Hardaway adds Lester Quinones to Memphis' recruiting class
- NCAA committee proposes moving 3s to international line
- 2 convicted in college basketball corruption trial
- NCAA's new APR report shows athletes' scores remain steady